Manchester is a vibrant, diverse, and friendly place to work. Since the late 90s, a lot of money has been invested in transforming it into a hub for businesses of all types. Finding affordable office space, however, can be more than a little challenging for solo entrepreneurs, startups and SMEs.
The rise of co-working in recent years attempts to address this issue, providing businesses of all types with amazing workspaces. Nowhere is this more evident than in the heart of Manchester today.
What is Co-Working?
Co-working has been around since the mid-90s but it has begun to really take off in many cities and towns across the UK in the last decade.
It allows small businesses and self-employed individuals to hire communal workspaces and shared resources. In some cases, that could be just a desk and internet connection, but other services offered include conference and meeting facilities.
At incspaces, we like to go one step further and have an on site café run by resident chef Stefan, serving bean to cup coffee and a carefully curated menu of hot and cold foods from breakfast up until 2.30pm. Our dedicated on site team host an array of internal and external events for clients, occasional guests, and members of the public to enjoy. Our clients enjoy free beers and treats every Thursday, and we have a rich schedule of networking events to bring in the local community and share our space.
The Benefits of Co-Working
• Affordability: For small businesses and sole traders, hiring an office in a city like Manchester can be expensive. Co-working at 101 Princess Street gives you all the advantages of the office environment at a more affordable price.
• Amenities and Flexibility: Modern communal workspaces are always adding to their amenities, offering users a wide range of different options. We offer flexible solutions that allow you to pick and choose the facilities you use.
• Work Community: Working from home or with a remote team can be lonely. One of the big benefits of co-working is that you get the buzz of a proper office that can have all sorts of benefits to productivity and well-being.
• Opportunities to Network: You’re also getting to meet and network with other people who share your passion, even if they don’t work in your sector, and there’s a lot to learn. Our site in Manchester also includes outreach rooms, rest areas, and our event arena where you can start important conversations.
• Celebrations: National chocolate cake day? Somebody’s birthday in the space? Wimbledon? Christmas? There is always something in the calendar to celebrate, and you’d better believe we don’t need much of an excuse to put on cakes, seasonal treats and beers for our members.
• Structuring Your Work Life: Going to an office every day also adds structure to your working life. Operating from home can get you into bad habits and it’s another reason why so many choose to spend days in the office. 24/7 access at incspaces means you can create your best work, whether you’re an early bird or a night owl.
What Are the Disadvantages?
• Distractions: Busy co-working facilities can have a lot going on and that might be distracting. However, most places nowadays have set rules and etiquette that users have to sign up for. At incspaces, we have private meeting rooms that are available at a discounted rate for members, and plenty of break out spaces, or zoom and phone booths for when you just need to concentrate on a deadline or important phone call.
• Competition and Lack of Privacy: If you’ve got a great business idea, you may not want to share it. Most co-working spaces do tend to be an open plan design, but at incspaces you can find plenty of private space that can help you maintain confidentiality if needed.
Why Co-Work in Manchester?
Home to Manchester United and Lancashire Cricket Club, the city and its surrounding boroughs are full of life. There’s always something going on. With quick connections to other city hubs like Leeds, Liverpool and London, Manchester’s central location in the UK makes it the perfect place to set up a business.
There’s a lot to do in Manchester whether it’s strolling through the streets and visiting the many bars and nightclubs or taking in a live music venue, dining at a plush restaurant or visiting the local museums. It’s one of the most inclusive and dynamic places to work and play.
Every August, for example, Canal Street and the surrounding bars are home to Manchester Pride where the LGBTQ+ community celebrates its special place in the community. The event is one of the biggest in the UK and attracts people from all around the world.
The good news is that Manchester has some excellent co-working facilities and they provide an affordable option for many people who are self-employed or are starting a new company. It offers flexible options.
For example, if you run a team that normally works remotely, hiring a co-working space for the day is a great way to get everyone together for important face-to-face meetings and for collaborating on projects. You can hire meeting rooms at incspaces from as little as the hour, which makes it ideal for impromptu meetings.
Where Can I Find incspaces Manchester?
The incspaces facility at 101 Princess Street is close to Manchester Town Hall in the heart of the city and offers a range of different services to entrepreneurs and small businesses. Easily accessible by bus, tram, or train, and close to the main shopping district – this is the perfect hub for your business to call home.
If you’d like to know more about incspaces Manchester, pop in to 101 Princess Street where centre manager Jess will be more than happy to show you round her space. Or, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to break the ice virtually.